Friday, July 18, 2014

New Blog News - The Secret Sewing Society.

Big news!  A couple of friends and I have teamed up and launched a new blog - the Secret Sewing Society.  Would love you to come and check it out.  Our goal is to have a well rounded blog for the new quilter with lots of tips and tricks to get you started on your quilting journey, and also inspiration and challenges for the seasoned quilter.
One of my favourite aspects so far is our Do Your Block challenge.  We have all been playing around on EQ7 lately and have set a challenge block each month that we are to use as inspiration for a modern quilt design.  This month is the Priscilla Block.  And these were my designs that I created from this block.  This one I called Priscilla Does Cartwheels.  I modified the block so the points didn't meet in the corners.
This next one is the same block but some of the blocks have been rotated and the coloured differently.
The next one is my favourite.  I modified the original block so they were rectangular instead of square and I love how this one turned out.
Over at Secret Sewing Society we are also participating in our first Quilt-a-long Blog hop hosted by Angie at GnomeAngel.  We are all making Canoe Ridge Creations Sea Breeze Mini Quilt.
Would love you to follow along so please come and visit the new site.






1 comment:

I love to read your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one.
I will endeavour to reply to all via email.