Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekender bag finished!

A finish!  The sweetest words ever uttered in reference to a sewing project!  
The lining is done and as it is bright yellow I will never lose anything in my bag.  I now wish I had of added a few pockets on the inside as some other bloggers have but I just wanted to finish it and I was too lazy.  I neglected to take a photo of the inside as we were in our way to the coast and I just didn't get time.  The one thing I don't like about the lining is that it is very floppy and despite using a 3/4 inch seam allowance as it says in the pattern it still seems like there is still too much fabric.  If I did it again I would interface the lining too.
Just a quick post today as I wanted to link up to The Long Weekend Blog Hop at Lori H. Designs.  For more pics please check out this post.  I can't wait to see what everyone else has made.

11 comments:

  1. I like the superhero fabric you used. I agree about the lining, I think I would do what Lori suggests and sew the lining and outside at the same time then bind the seams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! Hope mine comes out this good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it, I'll bet the inside is fabulous too!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gillian, this is so clever!! What a great modern take on this bag. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this bag is fabulous! Where did you get those fabrics??! It's the perfect superhero bag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the fabric you chose! Congratulations on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that looks great! That is awesome fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of the COOLEST weekenders I have ever seen! you rock so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't tell anyone but that is the best weekender I've seen yet. Is it for sale?! Just hoping!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one.
I will endeavour to reply to all via email.