Wednesday, November 21, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday - a Mini and some Hexies

I actually thought I had accomplished nothing this week but I had forgotten about this.  I'm calling it my Colour Palette Mini.
I was visiting Beth's blog and she makes little mini quilts to practice her free motion quilting.  Great idea and why have I not thought of it??  So I did a little raw edge applique and now it's ready to be quilted.  And the best news is the postman finally delivered my Free Motion Quilting with Angela Walters book yesterday so now I can fmq to my heart's content once I actually decide on a design.
Oh and I also have been working on this.
I'm pretty excited as it's my first ever attempt at EPP.  (Please disregard my really disgusting cutting mat!)  It probably would have been a really good idea to use a thread colour that blended as I can see some lovely black stitching showing up on my white hexies.  But there's always next time i guess. 

And a little something that made me laugh.  My 3 year old son comes running up to me and says, "Mummy guess what? I have a tampon!"  And I say "YOU'VE GOT A WHAT?" absolutely horrified that he could actually say the word and seemed to know what one was.  "I've got a tampon!" he says excitedly as he shows me his hand.  "See a tampon!"  So it finally dawned on me that he was saying he had a STAMP ON.  He has a bit of trouble with 'S' at the beginning of some words.  I got a good chuckle out of it and he thought it was pretty hilarious that Mummy thought he was so funny.

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

20 comments:

  1. Your mini is beautiful, Gillian! Welcome to the blogging world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mini quilt and the story about your son is hilarious. Kids are always good for some great entertainment!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mini, it's so pretty!! Can't wait to see it quilted! Your hexies look great from here and you've done a fantastic job being new in EPP - look forward to seeing what you'll be making with those. Thanks for sharing the story about your son - he sounds adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mini--I call them vase quilts--just large enough for a small vase...Great colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work! Kids and the things they say make me smile! Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet mini quilt. Best of all is the story about your child. I remember those days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini is so pretty and bright on a gray fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too.....love your mini. Can't wait to see your FMQing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply love your mini.....now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really really love your flowers! Just beautiful work! & the hexies are cute! One day I might give them a go!
    & funny son story! lol He will tell you that in public you know! When someone stamps his hand in a shop or something! I don't want to be you then! Bwahahahahaha... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your applique flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute EEP! Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 gorgeous projects. I love that the mini is just a "practice". I would be so scared to ruin it, because it's just so perfectly beautiful.
    And your hexies are super cute!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  14. That mini is beautiful, I am excited to see it quilted. Also, your son is hilarious. I love hearing funny kid stories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have awesome appliqué skills!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great selection of fabrics in your hexies. They look really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fabric used on your hexies. I think I would have had a great laugh concerning the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gillian, I'm so glad you stopped by my place I've just had a right old drool fest reading your blog.

    F x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute story!! Am loving your little mini quilt! Keep up the good work on your hexies! Are you making them all the same? ~karen

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one.
I will endeavour to reply to all via email.